CAR RECYCLERS PERTH
When a car reaches the end of its working life, it can still keep a high value and scrap car recycling can be a pleasingly lucrative process. While your car may no longer be fit for the road after a certain amount of time, it is still of use to scrap dealers due the metal weight and spare parts that it houses. The metal that you’ll find in a scrapped car alone is of high value for many working in the scrap trade.
Once a car is shredded, the metal is recycled, allowing us to once again make use of one of the world’s most sought-after materials. 65% of a car is made from steel, with the remaining 35% being made up by other metals plus glass and other materials. Recycling metal is far more energy-efficient than producing new metal, and around a quarter of the world’s steel today is made up of recycled steel.
Once an unwanted car has had all of its useful parts removed from it, it is then compressed and taken to a recycling factory. Compressing each car ensures that they take up less space, this process is also used for the recycling of metals from other items such as household appliances, or even larger metal-based machines that have reached the end of their lives. So, when you scrap your car, the benefits are multiple – not only are you benefiting financially, you’re also contributing to the general well-being of the environment and the worldwide economy too.